Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Thunderstruck – Episode Review


Best moment: Imogen dancing to Mambo Number 5 to try to cheer up Becky. It even rivaled last week when Zoe started belting out Wicked in the middle of class and we all thought Degrassi was becoming a musical. Let’s try to keep these dancing-on-chairs moments alive in every episode. Also, I could deal with 45 minute episodes as a regular thing.

Becky-Drew-Clew


But oh my word, I almost thought Becky was going to be dead in the greenhouse. I KNOW everyone loves to cry and fight and be depressed in the greenhouse, but really. You need to stop going there! The place is cursed, and if you keep it up you’re all going to die.

Why has Becky never heard of the shopping cart dance, though? Drew has a long road ahead of him if he wants to introduce Becky to pop society. But, oh yeah, there are some bigger problems ahead for their relationship. I obviously think they’re cute together, and loved how Becky was all “Are you tempted?” Oooh, girl! But Clare is pregnant with Drew’s baby!? Now THAT was an unexpected development.

I seriously think Clare will keep the baby, because she’s graduating soon and, well, unexpected things happen when Degrassi characters become of graduating age or go to college (Emma and Spinner, anyone?). Also, having a baby with Drew would give Clare a good reason to put off Columbia and stay around Degrassi for another year. Maybe they don’t want to get rid of such a beloved character so soon. It would also put Becky in quite a pickle… if Drew still wanted to stay with Becky, that is. I don’t think anyone ever expected Becky to face drama of this kind (the no-he’s-my-man-so-back-off-baby-mamma kind of drama). I’m very curious about how Drew, Becky, Clare and Eli will all deal with this.

Maya-Zig-Zoe


I also love how Zig didn’t see a problem with going to the dance with both Zoe and Maya, and how Grace was all “Try to keep up. It’s not that complicated.” Poor Zig lol. He lacks all social graces.

At first I was also a little angry at Zoe for asking Zig to the dance, but when I remembered how he saved her life in the last episode, I totally see where she was coming from. She probably wasn’t thinking about the history between Zig and Maya, especially because Maya is permanently rejecting him, and just wanted to go to the dance with the one straight guy in the school who supported her through the trial. Zoe also has a point about how she’s not necessarily out to steal all Maya’s “people,” because Miles was hers first (but, did she only get together with Miles because she knew Maya liked him? I’m not sure). Either way, I could see why Maya was angry, but I’m a fan of Zoe now, and appreciate how she risked her life to save Maya from the storm. Aww, friendship.

The song, though, that was too corny. Zoe probably should have explained to Maya that Zig found her trying to overdose and talked her out of it, so technically she does have a connection with him, but whatever. I guess Maya’s friendship love language is singing.

Frinston-Miles-Tristan


It’s pretty hilarious how the Hollingsworth’s settle things with a cut-throat game of charades. Why don’t they just play some charades to settle the issue where their dad is having an affair?

I could see Tristan and Miles coming for a while, though. I’m not sure how serious it’s going to get, but I can say this: good thing Winston was able to convince Tristan that Mr. Yates was a pedophile. Now at least Tristan can get over it, and can become friends with Maya again to boot. Also, I like how Winston was being a good friend to Miles even though Miles had basically disowned him as a person. Winston spoke truth without being mean or judgy.

As for Miles, he just needs to figure himself out. He obviously still cares about Maya, so he might be rebounding. He thinks people only like him until they get to know him, and that he always has a way of screwing things up or revealing some major flaw. Well, everyone is flawed. Miles needs to accept that just because he made some mistakes, it doesn’t mean he’s doomed to be a bad person for life. Hopefully Tristan is helping Miles to see that. It’s a messy situation, though. I hope Tristan doesn’t get even more hurt.

1 comment:

  1. I am extremely impressed along with your writing abilities, Thanks for this great share.

    ReplyDelete