Thursday, July 10, 2014

Out of My Head - Episode Review (Imogen and Frankie)


I was relieved for the Imogen and Frankie plotlines this week because I don’t know how much drama I can handle! The scene between Tristan and Maya was definitely epic, but it was also nice to have a change of pace and to enjoy some lighter plotlines.

First, Frankie and Winston were cute. I knew all along that Winston only said he “couldn’t stand to be around Frankie” because he liked her. I totally called that. Although, it did come across as a jerk thing to say and Becky made it seem really petty. I wonder if they’ll be an episode all about how angry Miles is at Winston, or if Winston and Frankie will keep their relationship secret for a while. They’re not acting like they’re planning on keeping it secret at all, and unless Miles is a total psychopath he’ll probably get over it pretty quickly. It’s not like Winston is some drug-dealing gang banger (*cough* Zig *cough*). Now THAT would be bad, if Zig went and tried dating Frankie. Miles would hate Zig so much more LOL. But Winston is Miles’ best friend! How bad can you think the guy is, if he’s your best friend? Seriously, if Miles thinks Winston is that bad for Frankie, then Winston must be a bad influence period and Miles should break off their friendship. And then, problem solved, there’s no more awkward “dating my best friend’s little sister” drama and Winston and Frankie can date again! They win either way.

And I was grateful for the Imogen plotline just because it was so funny to see this:

And hear this:


Honestly, I don’t care much about Imogen’s relationship drama. I just feel like, for all the dancing and drawing and lumberjacking, I still don’t know much about Jack. It’s almost like I read Jack’s Facebook profile, with a list of hobbies and interests, but we’re only friends on the internet. You know what I mean? To get to know her as an actual real-life person, I still think there needs to be more of a Jack-focus in the show, rather than a Jack-as-a-love-interest focus. Like, what about the drug thing? That was a big deal to me! I wanted to see what’s up with Jack and these drugs – does she only use them sometimes, or is she addicted, and is she also doing them because she wants to look cool? I can never understand people who want to be super healthy, and are dancing and lumberjacking, but then turn around and do this drug that damages their body and brain. It seems like something you would want to quit. Anyway, until I see more of Jack as an individual person, I won’t care much about the relationship stuff. But, at least Imogen provided some serious comic relief this episode, and learned that you shouldn’t change yourself (or your fashion designs) for other people. Lol. Poor Zoe.

No comments:

Post a Comment